Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Winter Wonderland

I want to start off by saying brrrrrrr! As you know part of our jobs consist of working on projects at various clients around the country. Some of my colleagues get to go to idyllic places like Cape Town, PE, Dubai, London, Chicago etc. I’m in the fortunate position to run a project in the East, with that I don’t mean the East as in Asia but the East as in East Rand.

I don’t know why that is, maybe because I have an Eastern passport and I’m streetwise, but it’s not as if I drive a swooped up car or have a mullet on my head. So what I’m actually trying to get at is, this morning on my journey from Pretoria to the far East Rand to a place called Wadeville (otherwise known as Hellhole), I drive via Bapsfontein, Petit, Benoni, Brakpan and Boksburg. My car informed me this morning that the temperature outside between Bapsfontein and Petit was a mere -5’C and I have the picture to prove it.

The office we reside in at the client is inside a warehouse with roll-up doors on both sides that gives the wind free-flow access through the building, so please appreciate the effort put into this blog as my fingers are completely rigid at the moment.

No comments: