Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Squashed

In my quest to find a proper running shirt for the upcoming Nedbank Challenge this Sunday, I bought almost everything I needed from Sportsmans Warehouse, just not for running but rather for squash (racket, balls etc).

So I played squash for the first time in at least 5 years. To my surprise I didn’t do too badly considering the last time I played. I do feel the consequences of my actions this morning, but that might be partly the result of the fact that apart from playing a few games of squash I also did a 5km run as training for Sundays race.

So me and John unofficially decided last night that starting a Optimus squash league might be a good idea, seeing that we already have a triathlon team, marathon team, go-carting team and a quad-biking team, adding a squash team won’t be that difficult to organize, but considering that we don’t have any sponsors for any of these sports at the moment we might have to cut down on some, but you never know someone in a higher position in this company we work for might read this blog and decide to give us some financial backing as we are such valuable employees that deserve to be rewarded for our attempt to keep the company’s name high amongst more than just work related activities.

No comments: