Sunday, April 1, 2007

Monday morning blues


This Monday morning seems to have a definite blue shade to it. All the excitement of the weekend is starting to catch up with me as I struggle to get inspiration for the week.

Friday night I had a delightful experience which I haven’t had in a while. I hanged out with my long lost friend Mitesh, and he took me to a place called Frankie & Bananaz in Midrand to become cultivated. Apparently this place compares very well to the surroundings of Chatsworth in KZN.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen so many swooped-up cars in one location, I got flash backs from Newcastle! I must say my car looked rather dull at the time. Nevertheless I had a very good time and met new people and maybe even made new friends. Despite being one of the few white people in the club, I almost got bliksem’d as well, by white dudes, because this particular oke’s slutty chick (supporting national cleavage day) fancied me. This was the perfect time to make like a tree, because I prefer my face the way it is.

Getting up on Saturday morning to attend a family breakfast was quite challenging as I got home at 2 am that same morning. I don’t know who caught the most fish at the breakfast table, me or Josua (my little nephew).

Saturday night me and Freaky took to the streets again, first he completely demolished me in the bowling alley in a game that lasted like 5 minutes. I concluded that bowling is not really for me, and by the way wearing those funny unfashionable shoes doesn’t contribute positively to my image in any case. We later watched 300, but more feedback regarding that in my movie review.

I went to bed at 2am again, and got up in time for church to listen to some visiting preacher who blessed us with a performance of note, his high pitched voice were like blades on my bruised ears when he shouted at the top of his voice! They had to fasten his microphone 7 times which fell off because of his aerobic movements on stage. At least this woke me up completely!

After church I went to the bank (today, tomorrow together!! need I say more!), shopped till I dropped for 6 hours, went to gym, watched 4 episodes of Lost on my PC, chatted to Heinrich on the phone for 1.5 hours and then went to bed late again to get up at 4:45am which explains my current state of existence!

No comments: