Monday, April 2, 2007

Fliek Vlooi

I went to see the long awaited 300 this past Saturday. Like the rest of South Africa I was quite eager to see the movie. I don’t know why everyone was so excited about the movie, but I concluded that it might have something to do with the general state of mind of the average South African who carry around an internal frustration and couldn’t wait to see how a bunch of grown men bliksem the crap out of each other on the big screen. The bloodier the better!

I found the photography to be very moving, and the special effects were very well done. The director managed to transform an otherwise monotonous war story into a somewhat forbidding weird genre by the use of colors and special effects. On the other side the script failed to support the artistic creations and therefore was disappointing and at some stages boring. The way the movie came to an end failed to impress.

300 scores a 6

No comments: