Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm still alive

My apologies for the lack of blog postings over the past few days. My new position is cutting in on my blog time. Nevertheless I’m still enjoying my new environment. I never could have imagined the kind of logistical nightmares that are associated with putting healthy protein filled meals on the table of the South African population. If any of you have any connections in the dairy industry, please let me know urgently, if you have milk, make your price, money is no object at this stage.

Over the past week I was privileged to have met the avocado tycoons of our day, people with a passion for avo, as well as visiting the factory of the spice moguls of South Africa, my sinuses finally returned to normal this morning. I also visited the lettuce magnates last weeks where 24 tons of lettuce is produced daily, yes you read correctly 24 tons of paper light lettuce! I was shocked not only by the volumes of lettuce (weighed by hand every day) but also by the fact that I was so over dressed for the occasion that my shoes will never be the same again! Remember I grew up as an Android in the infant stages of my career. So now the pair of safety shoes I received on my second day makes more sense.

Tasting new products is not that fun anymore, at least I don’t have to worry about lunch anymore, but this might interfere with my gym program.

No comments: