Thursday, June 28, 2007

'n Kaapse Groete

Greetings from a sunny Cape Town. The absence of clouds, wind and mini bus taxis are a welcome change to the freezing rat race of Johannesburg this time of year. After several delays at OR Thambo I finally arrived in the mother city. I realised yesterday that assumptions is something you should really stay away from. Don’t ever assume the bus driver, driving passengers to an awaiting plane always knows the location of the plane. We, the passengers of flight SA 359, had a grand tour of OR Thambo’s technical workshops, scrap yards, cargo section, fuel tanks and runways on our search to find the plane to fly us to Cape Town. We finally found it on the other side of the airport after the driver stopped and asked for directions. At this particular time I was less amused.

But I’m on holiday and nothing can ruin my mood. I had breakfast with a friend, and another breakfast with another friend now I’m having lunch by myself for a change as I don’t know how many dinners I’m going to have later on. The beach was great today, and if you were wondering Camps Bay is still standing.

Until next time,

No comments: