Friday, September 7, 2007

Boot Camp 2007

Just to show you all I do work very hard for a living, sometimes even physical labour is involved. The past 3 days I attended the KFC SA Boot Camp. Some of you might wonder what Boot Camp entails in the restaurant industry. Well what I can tell you is that I don’t want to see chicken, smell chicken or most of all eat chicken for the next few months! I had to exchange my business attire for some more comfortable clothing, and they warned us to wear comfortable shoes for a reason. My soft office feet didn’t cope that well with standing the whole day, and my crooked back (from being a Pta-Jhb commuter) gave me the finger.

Nevertheless we had a lot of fun and learnt a lot along the way, I also have a lot more respect for our staff in store and appreciate every simple piece of chicken produced as I now know what effort goes into providing finger lickin good food for the nation. We finished off the event with an exquisite dinner at Cynthia’s in Brooklyn.

Here are a few exhibits to prove that I do roll up my sleeves once in a while and do some physical labour but after this week of hard work I decided I need a break so I’m flying to London tonight for a ridiculously extravagant weekend to spoil myself. See you on Monday.


No comments: